London Graphic Centre has teamed up with Berlin based design duo 44Flavours (Sebastian Bagge and Julio Rölle) on a project to encourage new talent. Currently on display at their flagship store in Covent Garden, Wall of Wisdom is the latest addition to their billboard.
Featuring motivational phrases from eight creative talents, their advice has been transformed into a terrific typographical masterpiece. Each quote was separately sketched and hand painted onto an A3 poster, then interwoven into a large-scale poster and scanned in to achieve the final effect.
The billboard exudes their experimental approach to design, and their quirky, unconventional and illustrative typography pushes the boundaries, incorporating the colours, textures and twisted geometry that creates their signature style.
The project is perfectly timed and as that time of year approaches again, when uni life is coming to an end and creative students from across the globe are preparing to take the plunge into the creative pool.
Here’s their advice!
1. “In every NO there is a YES. Just make it happen.” Artist, Nelly Ben-Hayoun
2. “Make an idiot out of yourself (at least once a day).” Art Director, Erik Kessels
3. “The no you have, the yes you might get.” Graphic Designer, Stefan Sagmeister
4. “Do it for the love, the rest will follow…” Illustrator, Malika Favre
5. “If it was easy everyone would be doing it.” Design Director, Tom Hulme
6. “The things that made you weird as a kid, make you great today.” Art Director, James Victore
7. “Make personal work, you never know where it might lead.” Illustrator, Mr. Bingo
8. “Be open to tread on new paths” Set Designer, Sarah Illenberger